Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Prime provide its patients with cashless insurance services?
Yes. We are empanelled with most TPA and insurance companies and offer patients cashless insurance services.
Q: Can insured patients avail Prime's services without pre-authorization?
As all our surgeries are planned in advance, insured patients are encouraged to get admitted after they receive pre-authorization from their TPAs. Those wishing to proceed with surgery prior to receiving insurance pre-authorization are expected to pay the entire cost of the surgery in advance. This amount will be refunded by check upon receipt of sanction from the TPA. Our Customer Care desk will facilitate this process for you.
Q: When should I get my pre-operative investigations done?
Once surgery is scheduled, our Customer Care desk will inform you of any tests that need to be completed prior to admission. For your safety, we will work with you to have all investigations completed prior to admission for surgery.
Q: What if my insurance policy has a cap on room rent?
Prime's surgical charges are pegged to the type of room that you select. We offer Deluxe and Comfort category rooms. This means that your cost of surgery will vary depending on the type of room you select. Most insurance policies have a cap on the room tariff which in turn sets a cap on the entire surgical charges that is covered by insurance.
If you wish to use a class of accommodation higher than that permitted by your policy, you will have to bear, in cash, the difference in cost for the entire surgical procedure and not just the room rate. Please familiarize yourself with the details of your policy prior to admission.
Q: What form of payments does Prime accept?
We accept payments by cash, demand drafts, credit and debit cards. Checks are not accepted.
Q: What are Prime's Patient Rights?
- To receive considerate and compassionate care by respecting personal, psycho social, spiritual, cultural and religious beliefs.
- To be heard till satisfied.
- To receive all relevant information about the professionals involved in patient care.
- To receive prompt and reasonable response to any request for services within the capacity of Prime Surgical Centers.
- To receive reasonable safety / security environment.
- To receive complete privacy regarding medical care program and physical dignity.
- To receive confidentiality of all communications and records.
- To receive complete information on diagnosis, treatment and medicines, i.e., participate in development and implementation of plan of medical care.
- To receive / understand various treatment options from the treating Doctor for selection of best option.
- To receive pain assessment and it's appropriate management.
- To know if Prime Surgical Centers has relationship with outside parties that may influence treatment and care.
- To receive a legible prescription with dosage and do's and don’ts for each prescribed medicine.
- To receive information of rules and regulations of Prime Surgical Centers.
- To receive the same level medical care, irrespective of the category of room admitted to.
- Refuse to participate in human experimentation, research, project affecting care or treatment.
- To refuse treatment. However, this decision will be at patient's own risk.
- Option of seeking second opinion on disease / treatment from panel of Doctors of Prime Surgical Centers.
- To receive details of person to be contacted in case of any issue / grievance / suggestion.
- To receive details of bill.
- To receive copies of medical records. Cost to be borne by the patient.
- To receive information about continuing / planning of medical care needs at the time of leaving Prime Surgical Centers.
Q: What are Prime's Patient Responsibilities?
- To maintain healthy habits & take responsibility for health.
- To be respectful to the surgeons and medical staff.
- To be honest with the surgeons & disclose family / medical history.
- To do best to comply with surgeon's treatment plan.
- If not happy, to inform the surgeon.
- Will do home work to participate intelligently in medical care.
- Will not ask for padded bills and false certificates.
- Will understand prescribed medicines.
- Will be punctual for appointments.
- Will pay bills on time.
- Will abide by the Prime Surgical Centers rules
- Will have realistic expectations from the surgeon and his treatment.
- Will report fraud and wrongdoing.
- To treat the hospital staff and fellow patients with respect.
- To keep all old medical records in sequential order and to show the treating surgeon on as required basis.
- To provide medical Insurance Card, if requiring admission and paying through Insurance.
- To follow rules and regulations of Prime Surgical Centers.
- To take care of own valuables / personal belongings.
- To comply with no smoking, pan / gutkha, chewing policy in the centers.
- To be considerate to others for privacy, noise level and safety.